The New Place. Even though the taller section was actually built in the 1930's it was always known as The New Place. The building housed the cookhouse, dining room, classrooms, offices and a small library. Interestingly it also housed the lost property room which was known as the 'Scrambag'. In fact, it has been pointed out that in earlier times it was the 'Scran Bag' which was naval slang for either a scruffy individual who looks like his clothes have never been ironed or a collection point for loose bits of kit on a ship.